It’s holiday time, and if you’re like us then in between your company parties and overdoing it on nog, you’re probably stressing about what to get everyone on your holiday gift list. Well, worry no more our holly-jolly friends! Today we are here to help with a selection of fun and fabulous gift ideas for all the beer lovers on your holiday shopping list. If they don’t love beer, why are you buying them a present anyway? (Relax, we’re kidding!)
This post contains affiliate links. For more information please see the Affiliate Disclosure at the bottom
Gifts for Beer Lovers
We found so many great gift ideas that this week we’ll be bringing them to you in three installments. Today is all about the beer lover, be it a someone who likes a brew from time to time, or a full on beer snob. No matter how “into beer” they are, we have them covered. Friday we’ll be focusing on the homebrewer and all the fun gifts and gadgets to help them make better beer. Finally, on Monday we’ll be featuring gifts for all our Colorado beer lovers. We have so many great ideas for Colorado gifts that we figured they deserve their own post… so take that, other 49 states! Between our three boozy gift collections, we hope you can find something for every type of beer lover on your holiday gift list. Maybe you’ll even find something good for yourself. After all, you work hard and totally deserve it.
So get ready to get your shopping done… here’s our.21 Great Gifts for Beer Lovers!
The beauty of beer is that you really don’t need many accessories in order to enjoy your brew. That doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty of items out there to enhance the experience. Here we’ve pulled together a few gifts that should impress even the snobbiest of your beer snob friends.
- Beer geeks will tell you to best enjoy your beer you should drink it from a glass; beer snobs will tell you that you should be using the proper glass for each unique style of beer. To make any beer lover happy get them this Spiegelau Craft Beer Tasting Kit (Set of 4), Clear, so they have all the right glassware for their sampling all their favorite brews.
- Most beer geeks have items stashed in the fridge they don’t want just anyone to open. They buy the cheap beer for the guests and want everyone to keep their hands off that rare bottle in the back of the beer fridge. Make it easier by giving them the Bottle Lock, which will make it clear to visitors that they need to back off and keep looking.
- A coaster is just a coaster unless it’s a Rate Your Beer coaster from Denver’s own Paper Plates Press. These beautiful letterpress designed coasters come in packs of 5, and in a variety of options, such as: Rate Your Wine, Rate Your Cheese, Rate Your Whiskey and more. Why not give them a couple of packs so they can have their own tasting party?
- Our buddy Brew Dad recently featured this DeCap-N-Catcher and he was spot on when he said this was the best gift of the season! This bottle opener uses high-powered magnets so it’s strong enough to stay put on your refrigerator. You also never have to worry about dropping a beer cap, because the DeCap-N-Catcher it will catch them all. Genius!
- Craft beer lovers in most states can get growler fills at their local brewery, which makes us love the idea of this Journey Jug growler. Each Journey Jug has a 5-digit code, allowing you to enter details online each time it’s filled or handed off to someone new, so you can track your growler as it moves from person to person and place to place spreading boozy cheer everywhere!
Because every beer geek needs the proper attire for beer festival season, there are a lot of options when it comes to fashionable beer gear. Here are a few items that are sure to turn heads when worn by your favorite beer fanatic.
- To keep your favorite beer lover both warm and stylish, get them this Hops & Barley Unisex Scarf from CraftBeerHound*. It will keep them looking sharp and hoppy, even on the most blustery of days.
- Any beer lover would be thrilled to get a t-shirt from their favorite brewery, like this super cool Lagunitas Brewing Company t-shirt. Besides, in dog beers they’ve only had one
- These Hop Leggings from Brew Heads are wild enough to make your crazy beer geek stand out, even among the most crowded beer festival crowd.
- If you know they love beer, but you’re not sure what brewery they want emblazoned on their chest, give them a Hop Craft Beer shirt instead. This super-soft shirt from Hop Gear comes in three color choices and in men and women’s sizes, so you can find the right tee for anyone on your list.
- If have a lady on the list that loves beer and jewelry, make her doubly happy with this beautiful silver Hop Pendant from Blue Dot Jewelry.
Or is it beer inspired food gifts? Either way – Beer and pretzels, beer and burgers, beer and cheese. Beer goes with everything. If you’re shopping for someone who loves beer, they probably love food, too. Here are a gifts that will make the foodie side of your beer lover happy. If you’re lucky they’ll be so thankful to get these delicious gifts that they’ll share.
- We tried the delicious bread from Boardwalk Food Company last August at our Beer Bloggers Conference in San Diego, and we’ve been big fans ever since. Get your beer-loving foodie one of several delicious flavors of bread mixes, such as Lemon Poppy Seed, Rosemary Sea Salt, Cornbread or Original. Better yet get them all! The recipient can bake them using their choice of beer, making a unique beer bread masterpiece. Yum.
- Duke’s Small Batch Craft Meats goes great with beer. Trust us, we pick up a few bags for every beer festival we attend. You can purchase individual bags online, or you can pick up one of their special holiday Season Sampler for that special someone.
- The Sprout Bottle 4-Pack contains everything needed to grow your own indoor herb garden: 4 handcrafted, cut beer glasses, organic soil, and the seeds to grow four beer-inspired herbs: Brewhouse Basil, Full-Bodied Rosemary, Hop-In Oregano and Tapped Out Sage. (Update: it appears the Sprout Garden is no longer available, but we think Indoor Herb Garden Kit – Self Watering Window Sill Herb Planter is a great alternative!)
- Stone Brewing’s Arrogant Bastard Ale is not for the weak, and neither is their Burning Trinity of Bastard Hot Sauces. Stone made this trio of spicy sauce in collaboration with Carlsbad Gourmet. It’s the perfect gift for the Arrogant Bastard in your life.
- Boujie Baking Co. created their Beer Kissed product line in August 2012, and now they offer 12 delicious delicacies, each “kissed” with just the right amount of beer. We suggest one of their holiday boxes, offering an assortment of goodies that any beer (or sweet) lover will swoon over!
Here’s a fun fact about your Bottle Makes Three team: we love stocking stuffers. It’s probably our favorite part of Christmas morning, because some of the best, funnest gifts come in small packages and get stuffed in a sock. It’s where the crazy, silly, fun gifts always end up. Here are a few great beer-themed stocking stuffers to surprise your beer geek on Christmas morning.
- The holidays are a time to be festive and celebrate, so it’s the perfect time to break out these Drinking Game Coasters. This set of coasters each feature the instructions for a fun beer game on the back, to bring cheer to any holiday celebration!
- Everyone should get a little Old Chub in their stocking, by way of this Oskar Blues Old Chub Stick. This SPF 15 lip balm is made with the same luscious ingredients that go in Old Chub Scotch Ale. Rub the Chub!
- Redbeard Grooming makes some amazing products, including beard balm (for the hairy beer lover) and brew bars (soaps) in delightful scents, such as Lavender Saison, Winter Fir India Pale Ale, and Peppermint Coffee Porter. Buy one, buy a pack, or buy a membership. Whatever shows up in their stocking will certainly be loved.
- Craft Beer Hound makes a whole bunch of awesome products for beer nerds, and this Bottle Cap Necklace is one of our favorites. Why? Because the caps are interchangeable, so you can pop in a new one whenever it strikes your fancy. (CraftBeerHound.com is no longer around, but here’s another good alternative: Born to Drink Bottlecap Necklace Fun!)
- We have one of these Grab Bottle Openers, aka the GrOpener, and it’s Jeff’s favorite thing ever. Invented by Mark Manger, a Photographer, Applied Artist and Inventor from Denver, this tool lets you pop open your beer with one hand with just a firm grip. As if that’s not awesome enough, it’s also magnetic, so it will stick to your beer fridge and always be close at hand.
- Gumball Poodle Unisex Beer Socks Retro Knee High Tube Socks-1 size fits most-Green Why? Because who doesn’t want beer socks? What else do you need to know?
There you have it! Hopefully, we’ve given you some great gift ideas! If you still haven’t found what you’re looking for, check out our other two gift guides for 2014:
Now relax, have a beer, and get yourself ready for some shopping!
Jeff & Chris
Bottle Makes Three is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This means that we may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you purchase something through the links provided in this post. Nevertheless, all opinions and recommendations are based on our own experiences as consumers and paying customers, and we were not given free products or services for mentioning these companies or products on our site.