There are just 10 more days until Christmas! If you still have holiday shopping to do we know that can set you into panic mode, but if you are in Colorado and want to get some fun and creative gifts for your Colorado beer lovers, there is still time. In the last of our three-part great holiday beer gift series we’re going to feature a few wonderful beer or booze themed gifts you can get right here in Colorado. Some still require mailing, so quit your procrastinating and get to it!
If you missed our earlier posts, be sure you also check out 21 Great Gifts for Beer Lovers, and 11 Awesome Gifts for Homebrewers…. but not until after you read today’s post: 6 Great Colorado Beer Gifts:
- For the past three years, we’ve made sure this gift is under our tree every holiday season: The Drinker’s Guide to Colorado. Previously this booze-locating map really focused on breweries, but now they offer a full guide that will also help you locate distilleries, wineries, cideries and more. Best of all, the map comes with a full guide-book and a Passport that gives you loads of coupons for free beers and other stuff at several of the establishments. In all honesty, it pays for itself in the coupons alone, so you may want to get one as a gift to yourself! You can order the Drinkers Guide to Colorado online, or pick one up at several local retailers.
- Get SOCIAL with your love for Colorado craft beer, by giving the gift of a SOCIAL membership! SOCIAL stands for Support of Colorado Indigenous Ale & Lager, and being a member not only shows your support, but also gets you discounts and special perks all year-long. The $25 annual membership gets your beer lover a SOCIAL t-shirt, a SOCIAL membership card that give them discounts at several local breweries, plus invitations to SOCIAL-only events. Visit the Colorado Brewer’s Guild SOCIAL website for more information or to order a membership, and give them the gift that they’ll appreciate every time they visit a SOCIAL brewer or wear their cool SOCIAL shirt.
- Going to breweries is a lot of fun, but it makes it even more fun when you know a bit about the history of the places you’re visiting. If you want a gift that will help you Colorado beer lover better get to know their local brewers, pick up Colorado’s Top Brewers, a great book by local beer writer Emily Hutto. In this beautiful book you can read the behind the scene tales about your favorite brewers and how they started their breweries. There are also great recipes for dishes you can make to accompany their beer.
- Want another gift idea that gives all year-long? Get them the 2015 Women of Colorado Craft Beer calendar. Beca Rich is an amazing photographer, and once again this year she’s travelled to several of our breweries to feature the women who help create some of Colorado’s best beers. This calendar is cool and classy, with the women dressed in a fabulous vintage pinup style. It would be a great way to keep track of all their annual beer festivals and events! Order a calendar online at Copper Penny Photography.
- If you’re really stumped and just don’t know what to give the beer drinker on your list – let’s make this really simple: BEER. Beer is a fabulous gift, and is one they’re not going to return since you can never have too much beer. If you’re not sure what style they drink, look for a limited edition brew, or something seasonal. Most craft beer drinkers will try a variety of styles, and appreciate the effort you took in finding them something unique. For example, why not get a bottle of Snowed In, the winter release from Copper Kettle Brewing Company. They brewed this Imperial Stout with local coffee and chocolate, then aged it in High West Distillery bourbon barrels, making it a strong, decadent and delicious brew! It’s the perfect sipping beer for our cold Colorado days.
- Finally, if you think the idea of doing something fun is better than just given them something, or if your beer lover is new to the Colorado beer scene, what about a beer tour? There are lots of options out there. If you feel like walking you can hit 4 of the top Denver breweries with the Denver Microwbrew walking tour, which takes you to 4 breweries in LoDo for samples, beer trivia and Denver history. If you don’t want to hoof it, there’s also the Colorado Brewery Bus, a booze-cruise that can take you to experience great breweries in Fort Collins or Boulder/Longmont. Best of all this tour begins & ends in Denver, so you can let someone else do all the driving! Finally, for a totally unique experience you have to check out the Banjo Billy Brewery Tour. Banjo Billy will take the rider to four Denver breweries in a converted school bus that you really must see to believe (check out the video, below.) In addition to brewery tours, Banjo Billy’s also does history tours and ghost tours – all incredibly fun! Visit the Banjo Billy’s Bus Tours website for more info, ticket prices and schedules. Most importantly if you decide to give them an experience on any of these tours, be sure you go with them. Why should they have all the fun?!
We hope these ideas inspire you to get something great for the beer lover in your life, even if that person happens to be you! Whatever you decide to give this year, you have a wonderful holiday season, full family and friends, some great fun and delicious beers, and lots of happiness.