There are just 10 more days until Christmas! If you still have holiday shopping to do we know that can set you into panic mode, but if you are in Colorado and want to get some fun and creative gifts for your Colorado beer lovers, there is still time. In the last of our three-part great holiday beer gift series, we’re going to feature a few wonderful beers or booze-themed gifts you can get right here in Colorado. Some still require mailing, so quit your procrastinating and get to it!
Colorado Beer Gifts
If you missed our earlier posts, be sure you also check out 21 Great Gifts for Beer Lovers, and 11 Awesome Gifts for Homebrewers…. but not until after you read today’s post: 6 Great Colorado Beer Gifts!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information please see the Affiliate Disclosure at the bottom of this page.
- For the past three years, we’ve made sure this gift is under our tree every holiday season: The Beer, Wine & Spirit Drinker’s Guide to Colorado. Previously this booze-locating map really focused on breweries, but now they offer a full guide that will also help you locate distilleries, wineries, cideries and more. Best of all, the map comes with a full guide-book and a Passport that gives you loads of coupons for free beers and other stuff at several of the establishments. In all honesty, it pays for itself in the coupons alone so you may want to get an extra one to keep!
- Encourage your craft beer lover to get SOCIAL this year, by giving them a Colorado Brewer’s Guild SOCIAL membership! SOCIAL stands for Support of Colorado Indigenous Ale & Lager. Being a member not only shows they support local beer, but it gets them discounts at SOCIAL participating breweries all year. The $25 annual SOCIAL membership includes a SOCIAL t-shirt and a membership card. Visit the Colorado Brewer’s Guild for more information on participating breweries or to place an order.
- Going to breweries is a lot of fun, but it makes it even more fun when you know a bit about the history of the places you’re visiting. If you want a gift that will help your beer lover better know their local breweries, pick up a copy of Colorado’s Top Brewers by local beer writer Emily Hutto. Inside this book Hutto shares behind-the-scenes stories from top local brewers and recipes for dishes that pair well with their beer.
- Another gift idea that gives all year long is the 2015 Women of Colorado Craft Beer Calendar. Beca Rich is an amazing photographer, and once again this year she’s traveled across the state to snap gorgeous pin-up photos of some of the amazing women working in our Colorado craft breweries. This calendar is awesome for its vintage style, plus it honors the kick-ass women working in our beer industry. It’s the perfect way to keep track of all the local beer fests & events! Order a calendar online at Copper Penny Photography.
- If you’re really stumped and just don’t know what to give the beer drinker on your list – let’s make this really simple: BEER. Beer is a fabulous gift and is one they’re not going to return. If you’re not sure what style they drink look for a limited edition brew or something seasonal. Most craft beer drinkers will try a variety of styles, and appreciate the effort you took in finding them something unique. One great winter seasonal example is Snowed In, the winter release from Copper Kettle Brewing Company. This Imperial Stout brewed with local coffee and chocolate has been aged in High West Distillery bourbon barrels. It’s strong, decadent and delicious! It’s the perfect sipping beer for our cold Colorado days.
- Finally, if you think the idea of doing something fun is better than just giving them something, or if your beer lover is new to the Colorado beer scene, what about a beer tour? There are lots of options out there. If you feel like walking you can hit 4 of the top Denver breweries with the Denver Microwbrew Tour, a walking tour that visits four breweries in LoDo for samples, beer trivia, and Denver history. Don’t want to hoof it? The Colorado Brewery Bus is a booze-cruise on the land with trips from Denver to great breweries in Fort Collins or Boulder/Longmont. Finally, for a totally unique experience, look no further than Banjo Billy! During a Banjo Billy Brewery Tour, riders visit four Denver (or Boulder) breweries in a converted school bus that you have to see to believe! The tours are fun and entertaining even before you enjoy a beer! The best thing about giving a tour as a gift? You can buy two tickets and go along for the fun!
Want More Gift Ideas?
Check out our other two 2014 holiday gift guides:
We hope our ideas inspire you to get something great for the beer lover in your life, even if that person happens to be you. #TreatYoSelf
Whatever you decide to give this year, you have a wonderful holiday season full of family, friends, fun, and of course, beer!
Jeff & Chris
Bottle Makes Three is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This means that we may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you purchase something through the links provided in this post. Nevertheless, all opinions and recommendations are based on our own experiences as consumers and paying customers, and we were not given free products or services for mentioning these companies or products on our site.