Happy IPA Day!
Since 2011, the first Thursday in August is the day we stop to celebrate our favorite hoppy beer, the India pale ale (IPA). On this date beer lovers and beer makers across the globe are invited to raise a glass of their favorite IPA and toast America’s most popular style of craft beer.
Ashley Routson (@TheBeerWench) says it best in her IPA Day article on CraftBeer.com: “IPA Day is not the brainchild of a corporate marketing machine, nor is it meant to serve any particular beer brand. IPA Day is an opportunity for all breweries, bloggers, businesses and beer lovers to connect and share their love of craft beer. It is an opportunity for the entire craft beer culture to combine forces and advocate craft beer through increased education and global awareness.”
How To Participate in IPA Day
It’s easy! You can celebrate IPA Day almost anywhere. Just take time today to stop and enjoy your favorite IPA. You can do that at your local craft brewery, favorite bar, or just grab a cold one from your fridge. Then, share your IPA love online using the official #IPAday tag. It’s the perfect excuse to share your beer selfie or tweet some love to your favorite IPA maker.
Our Favorite Colorado IPAs
Asking us to pick a favorite IPA is like asking us to pick our favorite kid. Only we don’t have kids, so this is actually way harder. Our tastes change with the season, literally. What we can give you is a list of the IPAs most frequently found in our beer fridge. These are all amazing IPAs and, like a parent would say to their kids, we love them all equally.
Below are 11 Colorado IPAs we love. Why 11? Because we couldn’t pick just 10. Try a few and find your own favorite IPA day brew!
- Superpower IPA by Comrade Brewing Company (Denver)
- Modus Hoperandi by Ska Brewing (Durango)
- Myrcenary Double IPA by Odell Brewing Co (Fort Collins)
- Titan IPA by Great Divide Brewing Co (Denver)
- Maharaja Double IPA by Avery Brewing Co (Boulder)
- Hop Abomination by Dry Dock Brewing Co (Aurora)
- Jelly the Elder Dry Hopped IIPA by 105W Brewing Co (Castle Rock)
- Pinner IPA by Oskar Blues Brewery (Longmont)
- Introvert Session IPA by Left Hand Brewing Co (Longmont)
- Elephant Rock IPA by Pikes Peak Brewing Co (Monument)
- Thai Style White IPA by Upslope Brewing (Boulder)
Whatever you drink for IPA day, we hope it’s a hoppy one!