The Colorado Brewers Guild (CBG) is celebrating their 25 “beerthday” this weekend, and you’re invited to the party!
The Colorado Brewers Guild’s 25th Beerthday Party
Join the CBG’s online celebration this Saturday, April 25, 2020 from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. This online event promises to be an afternoon of virtual fun that includes an all-star panel of brewers and beer experts. Registration to the virtual event is $20 and can be purchased at coloradobeer.org. For a few bucks more you can even snag a fun party favor, such as a commemorative event koozie or t-shirt. Treat yourself!
Why the Virtual Party?
Sadly, the COVID-19 pandemic forced the CBG to cancel two of their biggest annual functions: Collaboration Fest & Colorado Pint Day. Since you couldn’t attend those events to support the CBG, consider joining this virtual celebration instead. Proceeds from the 25th Beerthday Party will help the guild continue their mission to promote, propel, and protect independent craft breweries across Colorado.
Party Day Details
Join the virtual celebration and help support the CBG from the comfort of your living room, all while hearing from some of Colorado’s best brewers and beer experts. Just check out the guest list, below. Better yet, head over here for the full party day schedule.
• Judd Belstock, Founder, Dos Luces Brewery
• MC Dave Bergen, Board Chair, Colorado Brewers Guild; Cofounder, Joyride Brewing Company
• Mike Bristol, Founder, Bristol Brewing Company
• Jeff Brown, President, Boulder Beer Co. (2002-2019)
• Troy Casey, Founder, Casey Brewing and Blending
• Tara Dunn, Cofounder, Colorado Brewers Guild; President, HighMark Law LLC
• Neil Fisher, Cofounder and Head Brewer, WeldWerks Brewing
• Tom Hennessy, Founder, Colorado Boy Brewing Company
• Julia Herz, Craft Beer Program Director, Brewers Association
• Kim Jordan, Cofounder, New Belgium Brewing
• Jeff Mendel, Cofounder and Director, Colorado Brewers Guild; CEO, Sapere Aude
• Doug Odell, Cofounder, Odell Brewing Co.
• Jonathan Shikes, Beer Writer and Journalist, Westword; Author, Denver Beer: A History of Mile High Brewing
• The Ska brew crew
• Keith Villa, Creator, Blue Moon; Founder, CERIA Brewing Co. and Donavon Brewing Company
• Eric Wallace, President, Left Hand Brewing Company
• Mark Youngquist, Founder, Dolores River Brewing Company
Raise a Glass to the State of Craft Beer
Remember, you never want to show up to a party empty-handed. So before Saturday, stock up on your favorite Colorado beer! The CBG encourages attendees to order some independently brewed local beer for pick-up or delivery to enjoy during this afternoon of fun. Post what you’re drinking with #HappyBeerthdayCBG and #StateofCraftBeer on Instagram and Twitter, or on the official Facebook event page.
Support the CBG & Support Colorado Beer
The Colorado Brewers Guild (CBG), is the nonprofit trade organization for independent craft breweries in Colorado. For 25 years they’ve worked to promote and protect their members through advocacy, education, and public awareness.
The COVID-19 pandemic has greatly impacted Colorado brewers. Since stay-at-home orders have been issued both locally and statewide, the CBG has been instrumental in working with Governor Polis and the Colorado Liquor Enforcement Division (LED) to ensure that breweries are considered essential businesses and that consumers can continue to purchase craft beer in safe ways.