In just over a week, Sierra Nevada will bring their seven-city Beer Camp Across America traveling beer festival to Denver! Around here we are counting down the days like a kid waiting for Christmas. We can’t wait!!
This beer festival is going to be legendary and we wouldn’t dream of missing it. If you haven’t gotten your tickets yet, maybe we can convince you with 8 reasons why you should attend the Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Across America Rocky Mountain Edition:
- Sierra Nevada’s Beer Camp Across America tour is staring at their home base in Chico, California and ending in Mills River, North Carolina, where they’re about to open a second brewery. Between those two festivals they’re making 5 stops, in San Diego, Chicago, Philadelphia, Portland (Maine), and of course, Denver. Clearly Denver has a reputation as a fine and worthy craft-beer town, so it’s kind of our responsibility to show up and drink. It’s sort of what Coloradans do best.
- Sierra Nevada invited every craft brewery nationwide to participate in one or more of their Beer Camp Across America stops. You read that right, they invited all of them, around 7000 breweries. Around 700 (more or less) took Sierra Nevada up on their offer. As of this moment, 110 of them will be pouring at our stop in Denver. We’re no math wizards, but that’s a helluva lot of beer.
- The Denver stop will feature an incredible array of great breweries from the Rocky Mountain region, but that’s not all! We’ll also get to sample some amazing beers that you can’t typically get in Colorado. Confirmed for the Rocky Mountain stop are greats like Allagash Brewing Company, Bell’s Brewery, Cigar City Brewing, New Glarus Brewing, Ninkasi Brewing Company, and 3 Floyds Brewing. Not familiar with these out-of-state breweries? Well let’s just say that they’re kind of a big deal in the craft beer scene. In fact 4 of the 6 were listed on the Brewer’s Association list of the to 50 craft breweries in the U.S that came out last March. Think of it this way: They are the popular kids, and they’re coming to our party. The least we can do is show up and see if they’re as cool as everyone says they are.
- Speaking of that list of the top 50 U.S. Craft Brewing Companies – a total of 15 will be pouring at the Rocky Mountain Beer Camp Across America. And by the way, Sierra Nevada is number two on that list. That’s not too shabby.
- In addition to beer there will be food trucks galore and live entertainment from the MarchFourth Marching Band. If you haven’t heard of them, click through the link and check them out. We are stoked to see them… they look amazing!
- Proceeds from the Rocky Mountain stop of the Beer Camp Across America tour will benefit the Colorado Brewers Guild, an organization created to keep Colorado craft brewing alive and well today and in the future. If you think about it, attending the fest is sort of like giving back to our own craft beer community. We would say it’s not much of a stretch to consider it community service, but don’t quote us on that.. especially to your parole officer.
- The Rocky Mountain Beer Camp Across America stop will be at Civic Center Park in downtown Denver, and we all know that the people watching downtown is just simply the best on a Friday night. The only thing that can really make for a better show is getting to sip on a cold craft beer while you take in all the free public entertainment. Besides it will be a fun change to kick all the pot smokers out of the park for the evening.
- Finally, as if creating this amazing beer fest weren’t enough, Sierra Nevada is also releasing a special 12-pack of Beer Camp Across America collaboration beers this month. These 12 beers were made with 12 different breweries featuring collaborations between Sierra Nevada Brewing and Allagash, Ballast Point, Bell’s, Cigar City, Firestone Walker, New Glarus, Ninkasi, Oskar Blues, Russian River, 3 Floyds and Victory, plus one beer from the Asheville Brewers Alliance. You can taste all of these collaboration beers at the Beer Camp Across America stops. Everyone knows that collaboration tastes delicious.
Okay, is your interest peaked yet? If so, here are the details:
Sierra Nevada’s Rocky Mountain stop for the Beer Camp Across America will be on Friday, 7/25/2014 from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM in Civic Center Park. Tickets were still available as of the time we posted this article, but they will sell out. If you think you want to go you should get your tickets while they last. Tickets are $65 each, and yes we know, that isn’t exactly chump change. However, when you consider that you’re getting five hours of amazing beer, great music, and fun times – we think it’s worth the price of admission. You’ll even get a commemorative drinking glass! That you can keep! Score!
All kidding aside, this is the most anticipated beer fest of the summer and we hope you consider checking it out. We’ll be there in our full beer geek attire, pretzel-necklaces and all, so consider that a little bonus reason #9 why you should attend. We hope to see you there!